ENG2002,Summer2021

active 11 hours, 33 minutes ago
ENG2002,Summer2021
English
ENG2002
Summer

English 2002 is an introduction to drama, a course in which we will study plays written during several historical periods drawing from many cultural traditions. We will approach plays as works of art, reading, discussing, analyzing, and writing about the texts so that we become acquainted with dramatic conventions and elements such as plot, character, theme, dialogue, conflict, setting, scene, rhetorical and linguistic devices, music and costume, and dramatic forms such as tragedy and comedy.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

• 1101 by Carrie Hall, Jacquelyn Blain
  • 1101CO by Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

JUNETEENTH is now a Federal Holiday!!!

Dear Students, As we read Lorraine Hansberry's majestic play "A Raisin in the Sun," let's take […] See MoreJUNETEENTH is now a Federal Holiday!!!

Week 3: Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun" (1959)

First View my Video Lecture: HERE INFORMATION ABOUT SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK (SHAKESPEARE'S […] See MoreWeek 3: Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun" (1959)

A midsummer's night dream

I found it interesting how Hermia is in love with Lysander and not the man that her father wants […] See MoreA midsummer's night dream

A raisin in the Sun is a play about an African American family aspiring to move beyond segregation […] See More

Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun” was an interesting play. I enjoyed the film adapt […] See More

The play left me feeling as if it is almost incomplete, or rather just a segment, fragment of a […] See More