The “Re-making” Project David Evangelista

Remaking project

Charles Mee’s Tunnel of Love

First couple – Basically a calm guy that is pretty quiet meeting up with an outgoing girl  around the same age who believes she’d like a more calm like.  The guy might be bi seeing as how he was planning on meeting up with another guy in the tunnel of love, but is still showing some sort of interest in the girl.  Both people are speaking pretty propper.

Second couple – a guy who is very excited to be meeting up with a random girl in the tunnel of love, probably in their late 20’s.  He’s Going onto talks about marriage but the girl isn’t interested and it seems more like she is annoyed of him.  However she eventually agree’s to atleast have coffee with him.

Third couple – Seems like they’ve known each other for a while but the guy decided to ask her out now.  Saying that he’s finally “seen” the girl he’s been friends with for a while as she watched him date other girls.  She undresses in front of him and they start to dance.

Fourth couple – Just two people flirting

Fifth couple – Two people e-mailing each other

All the couples apparently turn out have it bad end, they end up arguing over little things since they came to “love” each other in an instant in a whim.  The first couple who were scared to be with each other find out that they really, truly enjoyed each others company but the guy, Robert had to leave, departing with his new love on a boat.

Remaking:

Really, my idea for remaking this interesting play isn’t really much.  Whenever I think of remaking something, I try to make it more modern.  That being said, this play is already done in modern times, just with more propper speech then what you’d see today, or at least in New York City.

So I decided, why not do the opposite?  Instead of making it more modern, why not bring it back in time and have it so that it takes place back in the olden days where cars and planes did not exist, where electricity wasn’t used as often as it is now.  Not really sure what time though but in my mind, I’m thinking more of the middle age.

The couples speech doesn’t even have to change that much at all if we give them all the simple title of being a noble.  Nobles, unlike the peasants should have more propper speaking skills at the olden times.   The first couples conversation could be pretty much the same.  Actually, all the conversations except for the last couple could have the same conversations and same concepts.

The last one would be incredibly interesting also in my oppinion.  Imagine, waiting days… no, weeks for a carrier pigeon to give you a letter with the words you’ve been yearning to hear for a long time…   as the couple slowly, but surely fall in love through these carrier pigeons…  now talk about romantic…  A great impact I feel compared to that of an e-mail.

This entry was posted in Assignments, David Evangelista, The "Re-Making" Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The “Re-making” Project David Evangelista