DREAM JOB – CHARLIE TELES

There have been many careers I thought about pursing as a young kid but choosing a career in the field of architecture did not to come to mind until I enter my first years in high school. Before that I had no interest, nor did I know what the field consisted of. It had never crossed my mind until I saw what my older brother was doing with his future. He pursued the same career and at the same school I attend.

I never had the joy playing with Legos like every other kid growing up. Instead I had the joy putting together jigsaw puzzles. That’s how I began viewing the career of architecture. I didn’t see it as simply creating buildings, the way some people viewed Legos and architecture in general, I began seeing architecture as a way to connect your life with everyday life, just like a jigsaw puzzle. One simple piece connects with another piece and so forth which overall creates a balance and at the end comes a great image, in architecture it creates a great area / urban plan.

After a few years of gaining knowledge in the field of architecture I began realizing that there are so many branches, so many things that one can pursue in the field. I realized that I want to create more of a private relationship with future clients. I want to be able to meet with a client one on one and design him that dream home he desires. Yes, being part of a project like the Burj Khalifa sounds wonderful and all but it doesn’t get my name out there. I prefer building a friendship with clients and being able to understand their individual needs. Flipping real estate also has its advantages. Its simply like recycling a home, turning something what was old into something brand new so it can serve the same or a different purpose.