Eva Machauf | COMD 3501 OL26 | Fall 2020

Paul Rand

I admire Paul’s feelings and his confidence in his work built because every decision he made creating the logo wasn’t made on a whim but by by his experience as a creator. 10 years is an insane amount of time to work on a logo that adds the explanation to his character and how he holds up his work and the company’s given history. Trying to understand the creative process isn’t something that is easily explained there logic in it but at the same time, there isn’t. One day I believe my experience will build the foundation of the creative process I will work with, but for now, it’s more like trial and error trying to understand between what’s needed and what can be more of a design.

Print this page

1. Nicole Biggs

Paul Rand really took his time when he was creating a logo it really showed his love for designing because as you said 10 years is an insane amount of time. When it comes to designing something that really has to be experienced both inside and outside a classroom or experienced on your own with your mentor’s knowledge.It really is gonna be a lot of trial and error but I know in the end it will work out for all of us.