Project Proposal – Jeffery Dai

My research question is: Why is the United States behind in the race to adopt electric vehicles? My audience is potential car buyers, voters, and politicians in the U.S. These groups are those who my research is most likely to be relevant to, and may have the greatest impact on. My message to my audience is that the United States should pour exponentially more effort and resources towards meeting its electric vehicle adoption goal, and take inspiration from Norway and China’s strategies. The genre I am considering to build my Unit 3 assignment around is video essay, since video essays can be made to be very engaging and informative, and the combination of visual and audio elements help viewers to receive information more effectively. I have some experience with video editing, and I intend on adding graphics and animations to help get the point across. I will first have to write a script and conduct any additional relevant research for the video essay, before moving on to rough voiceovers and basic video layout. The main challenge will be in the recording of final voice lines and editing of the video, as this will most likely be the most time-consuming portion. The mentor text I will be referencing is WOKE BRANDS by H. Bomberguy.