project proposal-Kayla Griffiths

My research question is: how does fast fashion negatively affect the environment. I would like to teach my audience of the dangerous and negative effect fast fashion has on the planet and how younger generations can help stop big fast fashion companies from further polluting the earth by using self control. The audience I want to reach are people between the ages of 18-30 in first world countries that own apps like shein temu and romwe.The genre I picked to accurately represent my topic is a ted talk.I choose a ted talk because it allows me more agency when it comes to explaining and expanding my thoughts in a way that conveys my message accurately. I plan on getting started by creating a rough outline of the things I want to touch on in my unit 3 project. I’m a little worried about having to speak in front of the classroom with my finished project. My mentor text will be: Are Australians Socially Inclusive?  5 Things We Learned After Surveying 11K People for Half a Decade. I chose this article because the authors Liam Smith and Kun zhao were effective when displaying  facts and using information to prove their point to the reader.