Mentor Text Analysis – Ludovic Pierre

In the article “I Make Video Games. I Won’t Let My Daughter Play Them” by William Siu, published in The New York Times in 2022. The article hooks the audience by using a personal anecdote about the author’s experience with video games and his daughter’s interest in them. It uses research by referencing studies and expert opinions about the impact of video games on children’s mental health and development. The author also incorporates storytelling by sharing his personal experiences with video games and how they have influenced his life. The author uses visuals, such as images and video games to supplement his arguments. The article is structured as a series of sections, each with a different argument or idea, but it flows well and maintains a consistent tone. The primary audience is likely to be parents, especially those who are concerned about the effects of video games on their children. The article ends with a call to action for parents to be more mindful of the video games their children play and how they might be affecting their development. I will use his outline as a guidance in making my Op-ed. I will consider to use expert opinions and reliable facts from sources. I will also bring up my own experience during the Covid-19 as a Hook.

1 thought on “Mentor Text Analysis – Ludovic Pierre”

1. THIS IS SUPER CONFUSING

HW 2 is different than HW 4.

WHICH are you submitting here. IN fact both are now past due. SO probably you don’t understand what to do bc you have been missing class.

READ AGAIN THE ANNOUNCEMNTS for HW 2 and for HW 4.

I will take this as your HW2, when all students did a mentor text analysis for the op ed I make video games by Willilam Siu.