Mentor Text Analysis of Podcast- Zoila

the podcast I listened to:

1.”A Day in the Life of an Anxious High Schooler” by  Cece Benz

2.“Shots Fired” by Alina Kulman 

3.“The Evolution of Dating Culture: A Podcast With My Parents!” by Arí Gibson

4.“What Makes a Tune Memorable?” by Sanjaya Haritsa

5. “How My 90-Year-Old Neighbor, a Holocaust Survivor, Sees America Today” by Lila Shroff

6.“My Incarcerated Family” by Samantha Zazueta

The podcast I am choosing is between 1. “A Day in the Life of an Anxious High Schooler” by Cece Benz and 6. ” My Incarcerated Family” by Samantha Zazueta

the reason why im choosing podcast number one ” A Day in the Life of an Anxious highschooler” by Cece Benz, is because she tells a personal story about a day in her life. She expresses her exact feelings and how they impact how she acts and what she does during the day.

the title is affective and does straight away tell me what the podcast going to be about. in opening intro, she starts off with an alarm clock and the voice in her head when she knows that time for her to get ready for school. the tone in her voice is low which helps indicate that were in her thoughts. it clear that her voice is the main person speaking and only person speaking. it clear and straight forward. there’s not a lot of background noise. she gets to main topic by telling us anxious thoughts before and during school. the way she thinks about herself impact how she’s dressed or does her hair, how she acts and feels before and during school. it keeps me engaged because I feel like a lot of high school students go through this. so, you can relate to this podcast in some ways. Cece podcast is more personal, so she uses her thoughts t let us know what is happening or the time of day it is. she uses pathos through the voice in her head, and her tone. her message is to let other high school students that not everyone is happy or okay. anyone can be going through something they just may not show it, and we should have sympathy for them. this podcast is 4:30 seconds long. I think it’s a great podcast because it explains the mindset of high school student and how she dreads going to school.