Mentor Text Analysis of Podcast-Taniesha

“Alexa, the Start of the Robot Revolution” by Silas Bartol and Mila Barnes-Bukher

“Depression Memes and Me: Why I Stopped Looking at Depression Memes” by Zuheera Ali

â€śHow My 90-Year-Old Neighbor, a Holocaust Survivor, Sees America Today,” by Lila Shroff

The podcast I chose was “Alexa, the Start of the Robot Revolution” by Silas Bartol and Mila Barnes-Bukher, an AI voice/narrator introducing one of the many Alexas while funny music plays in the background. The narrator starts interviewing the Alexa by asking question about how it started and how she felt about being taken to a human’s house. I know who the speaker was in the beginning when the narrator introduces himself than introduces Alexa.  In the middle of the podcast, they added onto the themes by using pathos by adding the voices of children to make the listeners laugh but also make them think about how much they rely on robots. The podcast incorporates the interview on Alexa and the significance she adds to the interview is the steps she took to start the robot revolution. The speaker asked questions about how she felt during the process and what she thought during those times. The podcast ends with suspenseful music and ends with how the children felt in the end when the robots locked up all the humans. The primary audience was humanity since we rely on technology and robots so much instead of doing everything ourselves. The rhetorical appeals that were used were pathos and the length of the podcast was 5 minutes.