Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Reflection, part 1

Choose three quotes from your writing that represent three moments you are proud of because either you figured out how to express a difficult thought or concept or because you made an important connection or compelling point. Explain why you choose these quotes.

1. Joshua Gonzalez

A quote I’m proud of is from my unit 1 education narrative. The quote in particular is “if you took your time and really go through everything you’re doing, you’ll have a higher chance of succeeding than just wanting to be first all of the time. The reason I am proud of this quote is because it can help out all of the people who are always eager to finish first, but don’t leave any time to reviewing what they do. Another quote I am proud of is from my unit 3 writing in a new genre. The quote in particular is “so there’s a chance that if you speak out, they could just throw away your case and that’s the end of it”. The reason I also chose this quote is because it connects the points as to why aren’t there much prosecutions against corrupt cops, to the civil rights law that protects the said officer. Lastly, another quote that I’m proud of is also from my unit 3 writing in a new genre. The quote in particular says “I want them to see the research I gathered and basically inform themselves on what’s happening around them, and hopefully it can lead to some change in NYC”. The reason I chose this quote is because I want my targeted audience to see my research and realize they are being targeted.

2. Daniel Michaelov

“But one day my high school English teacher told my class to not do everything at once, but to do it one thing at a time.” I chose this quote because for me this is an important lesson that anyone can, and should use in their life.

“MTA buses are not the best and they have a lot of problems as well, such as apps saying they will arrive in 5 minutes, but in reality, they arrive in 20 minutes. Or you are waiting for the bus, and the bus just drives right past you and the driver just looks at you while he drives away.” I chose this quote because it was not that easy for me to word it out, but when I got it I think that it made the message a lot clearer for the reader, and why I chose this problem.

“An example is when there are a lot of pies, just sitting there, and no one knows where they go. The other workers start to panic, and they do not know what to do, but I on the other hand I am calm, and I tell them to whom the pies belong to.” I chose this quote because it is not easy trying to explain a situation that a lot of people have not experienced on their lives, and I think that I did a pretty good job in explaining it.

3. KanyeJ

“ Each Person Has Power Depending on how we use it can Lead To Corruption” Im glad i chose this quote because it’s true and i was coming to realization that almost everyone does really have the power to do what they want but there’s always two paths u can go down depending which one can cause ur outcome.

” All Men Can Become Tyrants If they Wanted to.” Men Scientifically have a more stronger and broader view to the worlds eye. So it’s show how a man can easily overrule anyone without needing much help.

i don’t have a 3rd

4. kc castillo

1. “I believe that parents should know that there are boundaries between them and their kids.”
    2. “I think that it’s fine to encourage your child to try something you’ve always wanted to try but weren’t able to, but this becomes a big problem once you start forcing your dreams onto your child just because you weren’t able to fulfill them.”
    3. “A child isn’t obligated to fulfill the dreams of their parents and they should be allowed to have their own dreams and interests. I understand that parents have expectations as well as dreams for their kids but at the end of the day, it’s not their life to be making decisions for their children if they’re completely against it.”
    • I’m proud of these 3 moments from my education narrative because I remember I kept rewriting those parts and when I worded it in a way I liked it was satisfying. I also liked how before this paragraph these quotes are from I provided an example of when I got to do things my dad wanted to but wasn’t able to when he was younger then followed it up with these quotes to emphasize my point about boundaries.
  5. Princesa

“they found research on the kids who spend less time on their phones were more happy and had a less chance on being depressed and having suicidal thoughts. This is caused by the kids being engaged in with school activities. Sports ,  socializing with friends, and families, as well as religion practices as well.”

“Many teens are disconnected in the real world, even with school we students on laptops and cell phones for most of the day while they get 45 minutes  of lunch + outside recess its time to break the habit. To sum up the quotes, we can see what a problem we are dealing with teens and screen time, it’s causing our mental health to collapse and we see more increases than decreases.”

“Our phones can be a provide a comfort because, a phone is a object. We use this object to laugh at and cry , a cell phone is a thing that watches our every move without telling anyone, we use this thing when we are happy, sad, depressed, ect”

I chose these quotes because it gives me a better understanding on why my topic is important it shows a more negative side on my topic but this can help me understand a reason why the cellphones cause this problem, its helped me stay away from my phone I feel like i can also have a more persuaisive way of helping people with back up evidence . overall these parts informed me more about this topic.

6. jenesis

One quote that I am proud of is “Roe is not just a matter of women choosing to terminate a pregnancy. It’s a matter of women’s rights.” The reason why I am proud of this quote is that I emphasized women’s rights throughout the whole essay. This is a topic I strongly believe in. Another quote I’m proud of is “As I got older, I realized that life is about choices and accepting things the way they are.” When I was writing the Unit 1 essay I talked about how an experience in my life changed my perspective. Accepting the fact that everything happens for a reason. The last quote I’m proud of is ”  My mother and father walked into the living room, and my father immediately said, “Tu madre y yo tenemos algo importante de que hablar contigo.” Which translates to “Your mother and I have something important to talk to you about.” The air became thicker as my father said, “Kids, your mother and I are getting a divorce.” I did a good job using dialogue and expressing my emotions.

7. Kristen Santamaria

“,,,the importance of being able to recognize how common it is to be without housing and aid, and it can happen to anyone at any age and any moment. It is a reality that many undergo and are on the verge of facing,,,” I chose this quote because I felt that it best describes and helps to connect the topic as a whole and display how these kind of situations are out of control of the person and it’s hard to be able to navigate when dealing wkth it first hand.
    “Instead of supplying more help for all instead of pushing people out and making it harder to provide proper aid. ” I chose this quote because through my research I found that despite the many initiatives and polices made me to prevent or work through homlessness at times it usually results in the opposite of what intended, shelters have become less supported ans rely more on community than goverment as resources and capacity become an issue and housing plans become difficult to be approved for.
    “For others to learn this and take it into consideration helps push our cities and communities in the right direction and gives the opportunity to change and aid those in need.” I chose this quote because I feel if we are able to bring awareness to these topics and deal with them accordingly it is possible to make change in everyones future as we learn how to properly manage and guide those towards care.