Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Reflection, part 2

What were your early assumptions/beliefs about yourself and writing? Have they since changed? 

How have you developed as a writer? As a reader? As a researcher?

1. Kristen Santamaria

My earlier beliefs about myself and my writting was very low I was unable to properly express because I didn’t know how to convey it into a good detailed explaination, now I’m working towards that as well as reptition. I believe I have developed a bit better as a writer compared to before the class, as my writing skills become more better when connecting to my research. As well as researching has become less dificult to do and write about as I learned how to look through my schools libary website for reasource as well as online.

2. Reiomar

I believe that I couldn’t explain certain topics much, that I would lose the readers focus. However I realized that I can actually make my topic interesting and catch their attention with the figurative language I use. As a writer I believe I have improved, my writing skills have shown that my work is something someone can read about on there free time. As a reader in the other hand I need to improve in that, I need to catch the gist more quicker and see what a sentence true meaning is behind it. Researching as been used a lot, and I definitely have improved to become a better researcher because I used it so much.

3. Daniel Michaelov

Before this class I had some general knowledge on writing, but I never thought that I was good at it, but after this class I noticed that I am not as bad as I thought I was at writing. As I writer I think I developed, because somethings are not as hard to write about as they were before, and I think that I am able to write with more meaning, and I am able to make the writing look cleaner and easier to read. As a reader I think that I also developed because, now when I read something I try to see what the author is tyring to hit to the readers, and I am also try to figure out why theyvare trying to hit it to the readers. As a researcher I think that I also developed, because I am able to find research for what I am looking for easier than before, and I can find research that proves my point better than before.

4. Princesa

before I began this class, I believed I was an okay writer. I believed that I can easily write a decent paper with details and good fluency, since I’ve been in this class I noticed I lacked detailed writing, with all the writing i have done this semester, I’ve improved on being more detailed with feedback I’ve gotten. with the research portion in this class, I recently learned how to this type of paper, I wasnt sure what it was before I came in this class and I think I’m ok at this type of paper, I would like to learn a it more on where i can find data that sounds more high end.

5. kc castillo

I wasn’t as confident in my writing before since my English teacher in my senior year of high school had very high expectations that I wasn’t really meeting so I assumed that I wasn’t going to do as well in this class as I expected and I was a bit intimidated at first. Yes, they have changed because I’ve become more confident in my work after getting my grades back. Of course, I was hoping to get 100s but I didn’t think I’d actually get them so I was honestly really surprised when I saw that I got a 100 on the first 2 major assignments.

I’ve developed as a writer because I’ve thought about what I’m writing much more carefully now, by this I mean the language, tone, and genre I use and thinking about if my target audience will be able to understand what I’m trying to say correctly. I’ve developed as a reader because I think about what I’m reading more deeply than I used to. Before I’d never really thought about things like what was the author’s purpose in writing their work, who might have been their target audience, and why the author chose the genre they wrote their work in.

6. kanye jackson

My beliefs about being a writer drastically changed after the class reading that essay about how it good to do multiple drafts. now i thought people just thought stuff and it was just written down.

But it’s like now they know to go over and revise each prt of their writing because it’s like a craft and needs to be perfected.

7. Yobana Martinez

Early assumptions about myself as a writer was that I always felt like I couldn’t get myself to write for long. Without feeling like I’m repeating myself I couldn’t get myself to write something new to keep the writing interesting. But while having this class it was something I felt like I started improving on in my writing. Instead of trying to piece everything together before typing it on my laptop I just started letting myself write everything that comes to mind then later piece it together. Because I would procrastinate during the brainstorming part which would hold me back from just letting myself write everything that comes to mind which helped when we would have writing assignments writing on different topics.

8. jenesis

I always knew I was a good writer. In highschool my teachers had high expectations for us. When it came time to write a paper, I would always do a good job. But I knew there were things I can work on and improve on. For example improving my grammar. I believe at now ending this semester I did work on this skill and improve this.

9. Safe

I always perceived myself to be a pretty okay writer I believe that if I took it more seriously id live up to my true potential . my main problem is procrastination, I often take on a lot of tasks and they pile up and I miss my deadlines , this class had helped me a little bit in the planning aspects . my biggest problem is that I’m not very confident in my work , I often start and I like it and after a while I get frustrated and think my work is not good enough, I criticize my self too harshly . coming to the end of the semester um feeling a bit better about myself and my work , I won’t get perfect overnight , I just have to trust the process and keep working on myself and my writing.