Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Considering Genre

• Freewrite about the genres you may choose from and how they each might/might not appeal to your audience: 
    • script for a TED Talk
    • script for a radio or television interview
    • Twitter thread (at least 10 Tweets for the thread)
    • an interview
    • podcast script and (optional) recording of the podcast
    • an infographic or academic poster presentation
    • a play or film script
    • a listicle
    • a poem or song
    • a children’s book

Think of a specific audience to whom you would like to share your argument and research. Explain why. What do you think your audience knows and thinks about the subject? And what might their concerns or assumptions be about this particular topic? Choose 3-5 genres you think will appeal to your audience and help you share your research effectively.

1. Gabriel Rivera

I might write a little story about how people collectively lose their sense of self, kind of like a twilight zone episode. Have a little horror theme going on during everything or a sense of dread. I might also write a poem since poems tend to be confusing and have deeper meanings attached to them that I can force people to read for hours during an English class in high school. Or maybe I might do an interview with pictures talking about the topic, with one person asking another what it’s like to be in a group.

2. jenesis

I’ve been thinking about choosing either a podcast, radio interview or interviewing someone in general. I think this genre would be most beneficial and informative. I say this because I might have a conversation with someone who might’ve experienced something similar to my topic.

3. Kristen Santamaria

Genres I may chose from range from a poem of song , twitter thread childrens book and ted talk. I think that an audience I would like to reach is an younger audience as information is easier to consume and understand with genres such as poems childrens book and songs as well as the Twitter threads as it is a social media commonly used unlike ted talks that are expierence but mostly information heavy. I believe my audience will be informed on issues being faced / expierences within these issues. There assumtions about this typically might be is that the person who is houseless/homeless is to be blamed for this situation.

4. Daniel Michaelov

The genres I may use are twitter threads, and interviews because I can see what other people have to say about this specific problem. I can target the general audience, and the people who have to go through this problem daily.

5. daniel michaelov

Another genre I can use is an Inforgraphic presentation because I can show how satisfied people are with this specific problem that they have. I think that my audience knows about this problem already, and they just deal with it instead of trying to do something about it. They might just not care about this problem anymore, because it has been going on for a long time, and they got used to it.

6. KanyeJ

Depending on Which Genre i choose.. my audience may differ and for that reason it’s hard to tell whether or not my audience would agree or even know what i’m talking about. They may defiantly have an opinion towards it tho or a thought because that’s a natural human reaction. If i were to do an interview or write a script for a news channel on the pros and cons of fast fashion their concerns/assumptions might be that i don’t have any right to tell people what’s right and what’s wrong when it comes to spending their own money.

7. Reiomar

I think my audience will acknowledge everyone. New York is one of the most popular city’s in the world and my topic is going to touch base on what their expectations are and if they’re interested. I think my audience knows the certain topics I would discuss and agree with me on my opinions if they live in New York. They would relate to this and probably give a better understanding to my topic themselves than rather listening to me. Their concerns may be who can we blame for my topic and is there something we can do to prevent it. I think the 3 most appealing genres you can chose from is a song, a podcast and a play. That’s all you see in entertainment today so it would appeal the audience.

8. Princesa

An audience that I’m targeting is teens . Many teens have suffer with depression and anxiety disorders. So I will do either an interview with my little sister or old friends because they are teens and they may be dealing with depression and anxiety , it could be a combination of questions , or maybe a poem that talks about how teens suffer .

9. Yobana Martinez

I would want to do a children’s book , interview or a script for a ted talk show. I would want my audience to be people in low income communities so they know they are heard and we know they are affected due to gentrification and not just ignoring their feelings and thoughts on all this.

10. kc castillo

The genres I’ve been thinking of doing is an infographic presentation, a children’s book or a tedtalk. The specific audience I’d like to target is the younger generation. I want to educate them early on to prevent them from having hateful and ignorant mindsets. Depending on how old they are they might know more or less than others and it would also depend on their family if their family is religious or not. If they have been taught at a young age ignorant religious beliefs I think that their concern about this topic may be that they don’t want to disobey their parents/family by believing what I’m trying to teach them.