Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Unit 2 Reflection

Write a short reflection (approx. 150-200 words) on the research process and what you learned. In your reflection, consider the following questions: What did you find difficult about doing this type of research? What did you find surprising among the things you discovered through you research? In doing this type of research, what did you learn that you can take to future classes?

1. Daniel Michaelov

The thing I found most difficult was the research itself. It was hard to find evidence for my topic, and if I found one it did not fit with what I was doing research on. Something that surprised me was that there are not that many articles written about what I was doing research on, and when I read the articles I lost track of what I was supposed to do because I got interested in the reading. I learned from this research that in my future classes I should try to do research on an easier topic and not one that requires a lot of research.

2. jenesis

I learned a lot while doing this research. I got to read about different people’s opinions based on my topic. In my opinion, what I found difficult was finding three trustworthy sources to use. Many of the ones I came across were not answering my main question about the topic, but as I dug deeper, I found 3 different sources. One was a podcast where someone talked about their personal experience and two other articles. While doing this research I was able to learn how to use the library website, which I think could be very helpful for my other classes.

3. KanyeJ

Well i’m Still in the process of researching and writing my essay but i currently would say that the process is going pretty smooth there’s plenty of sources out there that support my question and although it’s sorta difficult to annotate they make sense. Tyrants strive for power because of their ego most of the time it has nothing to do with how they were raised or anything but jus for the simple fact about how their personality is. Something i found very shocking almost like terrifying to a point is that a man named mao zedong was named the most brutal tyrant having a kill count of over 10 million people that’s way more than hitler and even having more stricter rules for the civilization of china. During this research i’ve learn about certain website that i can get information from such as the link within the city tech library website. as access to sources dated all the way back to the 1900s that will support any of the information or answer your looking for.

4. Gabriel Rivera

To be fair, the research process was both entertaining and difficult at the same time. I really was interested as to why people collectively lose all free will when they are in a group and why they all commit atrocities when in that state, but on the other hand being able to buckle down and do the research has always been an issue that I’ve been dealing with. I did find a lot of interesting facts about my topic though. One of them being that this effect was used on Nazis before and during World War ll during the Holocaust. Something else that I found really interesting is that people don’t even need to be in a big group full of people. All anybody needs is a figure in power and they’ll follow what that person says. This was shown in the Milgram experiment where the test subject would “shock” a person for answering a question wrong, and would increase the voltage for each wrong answer, potentially going up to a lethal shock. What the scientists found was that a whole lot of people got the the lethal shock when a man in a coat would tell them to keep going. Pretty freaky, right? I feel like this could help in any other class about politics and psychology because studies like this can show why people do horrific activities and why people are complacent with the terrible political climate that is going on right now.

5. kc castillo

I didn’t really find doing this type of research difficult since the topic I picked is controversial and there are many people who’ve already been researching what I was curious about and people have also already shared their experiences about the topic. One of the things I found surprising among the things I discovered through my research was how there are some people who are so determined to follow every single thing the Bible says that they don’t think about how this affects others, some people don’t think empathetically and don’t treat others the way they’d like to be treated because they think that’s what the Bible is telling them to do when in reality the Bible is completely against oppressive forces and it’s ironic that they claim to be such good religious people and encourage others to be like them when they act in a way the Bible is against. In doing this type of research, I learned that you have to understand where the opposing side is coming from to get a better understanding of why they think the way they do and by learning their background/beliefs you can use it to see where they might’ve gone wrong and misunderstood something which you then can correct and this could lead to change for the better.

6. Kristen Santamaria

•What I found difficult about doing this type of research is finding sources, as we could use other outside sources such as videos, ted talks and articles for our research items I wasnt too used to refrencing but I managed to include for variety in sources, viewpoints and data.

•I found suprising that a big reason many go homeless especially in the US is due to affordable housing. Which can be caused by unemployement, gentrification, salarys and earnings not paying enough, bills ,debt , rent increase mental or health disorders , substance abuse and more.

•When doing this type of research what I learned that can be brought to future classes is how to use the schools libary website to be able to find the information that I need.

7. Frank

Throughout this research process I found that the sources were hard to find because none of them helped me support my question so I have switch up my question. What surprise me was that scientist saying that covid will be a regular flu and how it will never be a complete end to it. I learn more research resources like the citytech source finder, this will definitely come in handy in the future.

8. Princesa

This writing was very different than what i am used to, I have written many citations before but I never had to write a whole different paragraph on citations. what I found surprising was the research paper format, like I mentioned i’m not used to this type of writing this expanded my writing skills. something i found difficult was finding good evidence to include in my writing to back up the question. i think it helps me master the citation format, I feel like in college we will use more citations and more research papers so i’m glad this helped me understand what we need to do .