Badke: Ch.2 Taking Charge

Badke said ” plan your research as a strategy rather than as a mad dash through libraries and databases”. This statement will help me stay calm and own my reasearch.  The way I interpret a working knowledge is studying research enough to talk about it from this point and that point.  I agree with Badke that ” a working knowledge gives you the basics of a topic”.  It is a solid foundation to build upon, not necessarily a head-start, but could be. On page 33, Badke tells the difference between a research question and a thesis statement.  Obviously, one is a question and the other is a statement. Fuzzy questions, like the one Badke used, are as vague as questions could be.

This entry was posted in readings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Badke: Ch.2 Taking Charge

1. I agree with you on Badke point that a working knowledge gives you the basics of a topic. It is a solid foundation to build upon, not necessarily a head-start, but could be. We need to have enough knowledge about the topic we are researching on, before we start our research. And if we don’t have enough knowledge about the topic and still dealing with it then we cannot end up with the good research. From working knowledge we can collect the data about the topic and by analyzing that data mostly we can end up with a question and that question can lead us to research. And at the end we will have a good idea for starting our research.