Critical Thinking/Zines

In the first passage I read written by Thomas Eland, he really spoke about how most of the media shown by major corporations has pretty much biased or distracting information making the public that watches their television shows, films and reads their books blind from other kinds of topics that mostly have to do with humanity and the economy. Thomas further elaborates on this by stating that most of what is shown to the public by these corporations is to make money or to gain some sort of profit from it. He makes many valid points and I cant help but agree with most of it  considering news stations like “FOX” show favoritism to republican parties. This isn’t the only news station thats a bit corrupt, other news stations only show dramatic events that will get them more viewers, higher rating  or pull in a certain crowd that they lacking. It is true that the media is the strongest weapon of all because of its ability to control the masses.

With all these media forms throwing biased ideas or profitable garbage at the public I am not surprised something line “Zines” came about. While reading the passage about zines,its history and viewing its definition, I am convinced that this is a very Interesting way to show unfiltered information to the public. I liked the fact that If you post something that actually wont be tolerated by another site rules and regulations, it would actually stay there. Also the because nobody is gaining any profit from their Zines it makes it a more honest and trustworthy source of information although information could still be biased. In the very near future i see myself becoming a “zine-ster”.