Extra Credit #1

I had a great time visiting the Museum of New York. I had never been there before so it was very interesting seeing the galleries and exploring the facility. The Pride exhibit was really interesting I didn’t now it was celebrating the 50 anniversary of Stonewall which occurred on June 28, 1969.

One of the photos that caught my eye is the right hand picture. It was of a woman mom marching with her son in support of his sexual orientation. I was really moved by that because I feel not many parents would be that supportive to be marching during this time in support of the LGBTQ community. Fred W. McDarrah did a great job capturing the positive vibes in the picture and the other parents who were there capturing the sign that read “Parents of gays unite in support of our children”

I also enjoyed looking at all the notes that were on the wall and reading them and seeing the other photographs that Fred W.McDarrah took. To see how much pride and love the gay community had which was captured in the pictures in this exhibit was great to see and learn about. I did really enjoy going and checking out Fred W. McDarrah’s photographs.