Learn Log 12

My partner and I decided to view the exhibit When Images Collide. Upon entering the room, (virtually) what I saw immediately struck a chord with me. We were greeted with a wall mixed with portraits and just visually pleasing images. They were very up my alley on the images I personally like to capture so I was excited to look at the rest.

Out of everything I saw, the the art that stood out to me the most was John Stezaker’s collection. The collages he made were really cool, and it actually inspired me a little. Being in quarantine, all I really can do is edit old photos so this is something along the lines of what I’ve been doing, but I was intrigued to try something similar to what Stezaker is doing in his collection. Out of the 10 he had showcased, my favorite is DE / EN Goddess, 2018 Collage, 29,5×23,6cm. I love the idea of titling it Goddess and the imagery that is presented is different that the rest. I love the pattern used in the silhouette.

Overall, I thought this experience was fun and different. I liked how we could get really close to the work because you can’t go pasta  certain point in a real museum or gallery. It was nice, but nothing beats actually going to gallery and viewing work. There’s something about the atmosphere you can’t get virtually.

One thought on “Learn Log 12