In order to achieve these shots, I first had to adjust the camera setting such as the shutter speed and aperture to achieve the blurriness that is displayed in three of the photos. However, it took some experimenting because increasing the shutter speed to much resulted in the photograph being to white and bright so there had to be a balance in the shutter speed and aperture. Also, it was crucial to have a tripod otherwise the model or subject would be blurry if the camera was being handheld. Lastly, the models had to be directed to perform actions at a certain speed. If the supporting person in the background or the subject spun around to fast or ran by to fast, then barely anything would be seen. Thankfully, the models had bright colors such as neon green and red to make the photographs more effective.
When one of my group members decided to use pills or drugs as their PSA concept, I came up with the idea to not show any human figure in the photograph, but just show only the products. I had to use the photograph set where it was rolled out on the floor to accomplish this task. Then I only used one light source instead of two and changed the direction of it so there would be barely any light in the photograph. My intention was to split the finish photograph in two with a diagonal line in the middle so one side would be really dark and one side would be really light. Afterwards, I had to carefully position the drugs and the containers to replicate how it would actually look like in a situation where someone collapsed after overdosing with drugs in their hand so this would look similar to how it would be and not feel to staged. Lastly, I had to adjust the shutter speed, aperture and increase the ISO to get the feeling I wanted and to prevent the photograph from being to dark or to light. However, I just went into Lightroom and adjusted the exposure and contrast to give it this look.
To create this photo, we first had to make sure the background was not to lit so we had to position the lights in sort of a cross formation or to the sides of the model. Also, we had to move the model farther away from the background, too. Then we turn off the light for one of the sides while we added some color gel to the light providing the light onto the background to make it blue. Lastly, the iso, aperture and shutter speed had to be adjusted to the amount of light that was available. Afterwards, I just asked the model to freestyle without much direction and eventually asked the model to look off the camera to create this photograph. As I put myself some distance away from the model, in post production I was simply able to crop in and adjust the space to put in the logo and arrange the type.
To achieve these shots, first the camera settings had to be adjusted to ISO 100, the aperture to 8 and the shutter speed to a minimum of 1/200. Then the lights had to be adjusted in the dark background to make it more focus onto the products otherwise the background would have been lit up. Also, the position of the light had to be moved up to the sides of the product, too. Shortly afterwards, the position of the products had to be carefully adjusted so there were less reflections as well. Lastly, for styling the shot, I had to move myself around in front of the products whether it was going to the same level of the product or being at a higher perspective than the product
To achieve the photographs that were captured, we had to set the ISO to 100 since we were shooting in an extremely dark environment, the aperture to 14, the shutter speed to more than 15 seconds and adjust the focus to make the picture sharp and set it to manual to keep it stuck there. While shooting, at first we were just using shutters speeds of around five to ten seconds, but it was to short. so we had to change it to 15 through 20 seconds. Also, we had to change the position of the person who was holding the flash because sometimes the photographs didn’t show the model’s face or body so we had the person move closer and move the flash higher, too. Lastly, we found out that initially moving the light to fast didn’t produce the best result so we moved the lights slower and got a better photograph.
I picked this picture because I staged the dinosaurs to give off somewhat a brutal or chaotic feeling and then taking it in a dutch angle had somewhat of a positive effect of emphasizing what is happening in the center of the picture. Lastly, there is a difference or contrast where on the left side of the picture is the wide defused light while on the right side is a more focused light making the image look better.