Infographics Counter

I was somewhat anxious about getting started because time goes so fast during the semester and my supervisor hadn’t given me an assignment yet. She got in touch with me and basically explained what their current goals was. Although they have great programs, their online presence is in need of a makeover. Their first goal is to update their website so that it matches with the college’s overall theme. She explained to me how they had already started the process of updating their website by contacting the college’s web programmer. They were shown some templates to look at and to choose from. After I informed her that I would work with the programmer, she had some questions about extra features she wanted for the site. One feature is for visitors to be able to see how many people they serviced and how many were placed with jobs. I informed her this sounded like a script or info-graphics and she was delighted.

My first task was to do research. Although info-graphics can accomplish the goal, it is not feasible to keep updating the graphics as the numbers change. I wanted to find something that anyone in her organization can easily update on the back-end. Since I have prior years of experience working with WordPress sites, I basically knew what to look for. After doing research I found the perfect script for the website, shown below.

Source: Example Counter by https://elfsight.com/number-counter-widget

The great news about this script is that it only takes a minute to update the stats on the back end. Once you save it the data is automatically updated on the website.