2. My Role

Photo by Ben Kolde on Unsplash

Besides my full-time job, I also work part-time with the School of Professional Studies at City Tech. My supervisor there had sent out a group email to some areas she communicates with asking them if they were in need of a graphic design student intern. Most had responded yes but only a few actually reached out to me. However, after the initial contact, I didn’t get anymore responses. There was one area I was really interested in working with because of their mission of helping undeserved communities. After a couple of weeks of no response, I then took it upon myself to reach out again and got a response. Shermira Busby, the Director of Business & Industry Training Center was delighted to hear from me again and informed me she was interested. She had apologized about not contacting me earlier due to a proposal she was working on. She briefly asked me what I can offer as a graphic designer and about my scheduling. That was basically it for an interview.

My role within the internship will be helping them redo their current website and update all of their social media pages. I will be working with the web programmer to go over all of the design details needed to create their new site such as color, layout, images, forms and scripts. For their social media pages I will be designing them to reflect the new look of their website. Their goal is to market their online presence to attract more clients for their services.