H-Voorhees Room Layout 2

roomproposal

Using my ideas from before, I decided to go in depth with one room.  Room V834.A

I decided to find a desk that is more suited to our needs.  This is a generic desk found online.  The appearance of the desk is boring, but what I am after it the dimensions.  The desk is 24″ x 42″.  The desk is able to fit two monitors and a computer tower.  Using these desks allowed room to open up more.  Each desk is 42″ away from each other back to back which is enough space for circulation.    I still manged to have additional room the front of the room for small presentions and group discussion.  The room lost some sq footage, but by using these desks, the room size appeares unchanged.  With the additional space, we are able to make a cubby which can fit 5+ computer and a plotter.

The partition wall dividing the cubby from the main room should consist of a 5′ base made out traditional gypsum wall construction and the rest from the gypsum wall to the ceiling out of an interior glass wall system.  I believe the cubby will be uncomfortable because it is small.  The glass wall above will provide natural and artificial light from the adjacent room which will give the users a feeling of openness.

It is better to use glass than an opening because students occupying the cubby space are most likely going to make noise.  As a student, when I work with a group of friends, i tend to talk a lot and make jokes which causes a lot of noise.  The glass partition will reduce the amount of noise coming from the cubby.

Total Time: 3H