H-Voorhees Hall Iteration 3

I want to continue with the cube system idea on one of the wall. Or potentially more walls in the corridor if the system is successful.

I made a grid track system in which each module can easily be moved vertically and then horizontally.  The track system will be embedded into the presentation wall board. The system is laid out in a 16 in by 16 in system which is perfect for the Roland CNC machines.

tracksystem

This is how the system will operate.  The modules can slide left and right at any increment. The modules will always stay 16 in apart front one another in the vertical direction. The 16 by 16 seating will lower part of the system.

tracksystemwithcubes

perspectivecubes

Then I figured out the track system. I’ll make a very simple track system which consists of a u channel for the track and a wheel or ball which would be bolted on to the modules.  A

s far as mounting them to the wall, I would secure pieces of plywood onto the wall with concrete anchors which will attach into the mortar/grout between the CMU blocks which the wall is made of.

I have to make sure the plywood is exactly under where i’m intending to install the tracks.  I would then install the tracks onto the plywood using and array of screws.

Then i would cut up the pin-up board into the required pieces which will fit in between all of the tracks.dimensions

I then started to recreate the modules them selves.  If i were to make a box out of plywood or any other material it would be too heavy and wasteful.  I didn’t like this iteration so much but it was material conscious.iteration1

Total time EST:  4 Hours