H-Voorhees Hall Iteration 4

I am now attempting to make a chair that will use very little material and it would fit on the CNC roland machine. I am also trying to have as little waste material as possible. This is the first iteration i came up with that could become the frame of a chair and shelf unit.cut1

The chair pieces will make the chair frame and the white pieces will make the shelf frame.

cut2

First iteration of the chair.  The chair uses very little material and it will be make of plywood.  The chair is 16x16x16 which is the same size as the module show before in the previous module gird system. The image under the chair consist of the components needed to build the chair

chair1

chair1cut

Next i worked on the shelf. The shelf is make with the left over pieces used to make the chair.  the shelf is adjustable depending on its use. We could extend to the shelf to place a bigger model on top of it.  shelf1

The shelves can be installed upside down on to the track as well.  In this orientation, an even larger model can be placed on top over multiple shelves.shelf2

I made multiple iterations until I was satisfied with a result.

chair2-5

I was a little unhappy with the outcome.  The chair alone looks okay, but when put side by side with other same chairs it looked boring.  The shelving unit looks great next to one another.  The fact that it is dynamic make it look more fun.  I will consider using a dynamic system for the chair as well so its looks more alive.

final

Total time EST:  6 Hours