Blog 2 – Company-Intern-my role

Its my first day as a graphic designer in the “Office of Image and Visual Communication”. My supervisor is Mr. Al Vargas. Working in the Office of Image and Visual Communication was simply by chance. I was recommended by my professor to look into the Office of Image and Visual Communication; a design studio affiliate with New York City College Of Technology. I sent in my resume and portfolio. I got in touch with Mr. Al Vargas, my supervisor. Immediately, I was called in for an interview the next day at the Office of Image and Visual Communication. I had a long interview with Mr. Al Vargas. I was asked several questions about why i would like to work there and how I can contribute to their design team. I was ask to show some work samples including sketch work, personal project with explanation of what I have done and why I did it.

After the interview, Mr Al Vargas was impressed by my work and productivity. He ask me, when I would like to begin working. I smiled and said “If its okay with you, I would like to begin my internship today”. And so, I started working immediately at the Office of Image and Visual Communication.

Me-at-work_Image-visual-communication