Blog 4 – A day at work/learning

A typical day at work for me is usually like how I would expect it to be. I get to work at 9pm. Greet everyone Good Morning, meet my supervisor and begin on a assigned design task. For example; I am currently assigned on a task to create a 2015 annual report 20 page design project for the school. I began my task by researching design images on annual reports, creating design layouts formats in Indesign and any other resource I could find in design books.

Layout Design Reference

Then I made thumbnail sketches of the 20 page design layout for the annual report. After making thumbnail design sketches, I showed my supervisor. Then, I had to create a layout in Indesign base on my thumbnail sketch design work I did and show him the following day for review.

Idea Sketch - Thumbnail Layout 1 Idea Sketch - Thumbnail Layout 2

Later on in the day, I assist my supervisor on a Photoshoot. My task was to make sure the lightening is right when he is doing a photoshoot in the design studio. I am learning more and more about the industry as the day goes on and I have to say, it feels really good. In my next entry I will post up a bit of my task at work to get an idea of what you do at work during your internship work hours. Until next time, take care.

Photoshoot-Studio