The reading explains more on the topic of data and information. It explains more on the different types of data and information. The three types of data were binary, analogue, and digital. I already know what the three types of data are because it relates to Computer Systems. In chapter 2 it went into more details of how data is stored. I had read chapter 3 multiple times because it was a topic I wasn’t familiar with like chapter 2 however I understood the theories that it was trying to inform us. The communication model shows us how communication goes through technology. Chapter 3 really talks about how we can have a mathematical approach to communication and the processing of data. The two chapters was pretty difficult to comprehend but reading multiple times definitely help for me to understand it.

For the mapping exercise I drew a map for the 9th floor since my department was Computer Systems and the library on the 4th floor since I spent most of my time there as well to study or to even relax.

The information I received was this link when I emailed my department. They told me most resources I am looking for can be found in the link.

Computer Systems Technology – Computer Systems/BTech (cuny.edu)