HMGT students working towards their BTech degree are required to complete the internship course. Watch this video to which shares information about preparing for the internship requirement.
“When looking for an internship I recommend for you to be professional (it should always be that way). Include your resume in the email because they may ask for it. To find internships use Handshake, the job search on Google, the website where you plan to do your internship, or ask your classmates and professors.
Be patient. I applied to more than 5 hotels and only one replied to me. And guess what? They approved my internship. Good luck!”Laurel Polanco, HMGT Student
Links to information presented in this video:
- The Professional Development Center’s home page.
- The Professional Development Center’s four-year road map offers recommendations for you to begin learning and exploring your interest and building a path to career achievement. We encourage you to start your career exploration as early as your freshman year at City Tech. It’s never too early to begin preparing for your career journey.
- Visit the HMGT Student Resources page for a list of advisors, clubs, and other enrichment activities
- HMGT BTech requirements and course of study can be found here.
- Take a look at our department’s partners, you can see the vast array of companies we connect with throughout the year.