Students must complete two courses designated writing intensive (WI) for the associate level, one from general education (GenEd) requirements and one from the major requirements; and two additional courses designated WI for the baccalaureate level, one from GenEd and one from the major. Hospitality Management students will take an additional WI course to complete their AAS and BTech degrees.

When I chose my general education writing intensive course I looked at which classes I was eligible to take based on my prerequisites and then chose some options that I was interested in.

Elaine Suarez, HMGT STudent, Sophomore

Students can search for WI courses in the General Education section of the City Tech Academic Advising webpage. When enrolling in a WI course, double check to make sure the course and section are designated “WI”. The course options and sections will change each semester.

The “My Degree Planner” is a helpful tool to help you plot the courses you wish to take to fulfil your degree requirements

You can always contact your HMGT Academic Advisor for assistance, here is the list of advisors.