Living Learning Earning

Week 1 Disney Traditions

My first week for the program was great. I was excited and nervous at the same time being in a new environment but still learning new things. For my first week, my schedule was clear until Friday when they were hosting the Disney traditions class. What we had to wear to attend the class was business casual, but they have their own terms and words for the program like onstage clothing which represents business casual. Disney traditions is a training program for newly hired Cast Members. New workers are introduced to the company’s culture, principles, and rich history during this onboarding session. Typically, the course includes subjects including the value of providing outstanding client service, the history of the organization, and Walt Disney’s legacy. During traditions I learned our job as cast members is to create happiness for the guests and by following the five keys so they would have a wonderful time during the parks and resorts. Of all 5 keys I think inclusion is the biggest one because with inclusion, you can form a connection with the guest making sure everyone feels special while we provide a long-lasting memory. For the first week I believe I learned a lot about my mission and the expectations I must do during my stay here.

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

The five keys have been a valuable and effective way to ensure cast members, some new and temporary, like yourself and other CPs, and those who have worked for the company for decades can have a common point for decision making. I look forward to leaning how you employ the keys during service.