Living Learning Earning

Stepping outside my comfort zone

Out of all my training days, the Grill Station has made me step out of my comfort zone whether I wanted it or not. I had to call out orders to the cook and I don’t like to raise my voice in case I come off rude. However, this station made me call out orders to keep the flow going. The frying station was simple enough since the station had labels on what number the items had to be fried. I had to be extra careful to not get burned as well avoiding the hot overhead lights when serving food. I learned where the chicken strips are and what the correct fries are needed since we share the same walk-in freezer as the restaurant next to us.  

I had to open a waffle station as part of my training and they made us pledge we wouldn’t use pancake batter for the waffle iron since people have used the wrong batter before. Even though there are a lot of things I have been trained in I am glad I will learn the steps needed to provide efficient service. 

They made a board for all the CP at Riverside Mill!

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

Your location has a lot of CPs. That should make getting to know people easy but learning from experienced peers more difficult. Clearly the trainers are well equipped if there are that many new cast members.

I hope you continue to learn how to enunciate your needs, as you wrote, you are seeking efficiency. That will require competence and communication.