This past weekend I went back home to New York for a few family events, however I was mostly In New Jersey the whole weekend as that is where these events were. I was very nervous to come home as I had not seen any of my family since I moved to Orlando in June. I was also very excited for those same reasons. 

I was expecting a lot to have changed but I don’t think anything at home has, I have. It was a surreal experience as I have grown as a person and have learned so much and it was like home had stood still. It was great seeing my family and hanging out and it was a good reset from being away. Just what I needed. 

There have been times where I have missed my family but this time away has proved to myself that I am independent enough to live on my own and that I can make it. This has been a great opportunity to learn to go out and do things by myself and enjoy it.  It makes me feel very grateful and blessed that I took this chance on myself and took this chance to grow. 

After I returned to Orlando, I felt that even though my life here is very stressful and overwhelming at times I felt I was where I needed to be to grow.