Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

What’s your Project #2?

Please share in a comment on this post your topic for Project #2, the question you’re asking, and any other information you have to share, including what you’re up to with your research and annotations. If you’re stuck, write that, and explain what’s getting you stuck if you can!

If you have topics that fit the project that you considered but decided not to use, please share them in the comments, too–hopefully someone without a topic can find one among the ones you passed on. I’ll add some as well so we can all have topics, questions, research, sources, annotations, by the time Project #2 is due.

So excited to see see what you’re up to and to see your sharing in action!

1. Lre Collymore

Carbon Footprint of a BLT

• Jody R. Rosen

I love it–but will your BLT include mayo or not? what kind of bread? heirloom tomatoes or conventional or GMO? So many choices. You might find it hard to find all the information you need in just 4 sources each of a different genre. Looking forward to seeing what you find!

2. Jody R. Rosen

Some topics that you might want to consider if you’re stuck without a topic:
    eco-friendly tourism
    food rescue
    the future of outdoor dining in NYC
    effects of west-coast wildfires on wine (or on wine tourism, or a specific food crop, etc)
    food delivery apps
    post-college certificates or graduate school in HMGT fields

I’ll brainstorm more–and please share any of your other ideas, too!

3. Jeffrey Vegas

My topic is how oysters are being a lost art in New York

4. Tyrah

My topic is the excessive work hours in restaurants.

5. Jody R. Rosen

I woke during the night thinking of more topics, but now I can’t quite remember them. Here’s what I can remember:
    jobs that make you stand
    fusion cuisine
    representations of culinary/tourism in TV/movies

Are any of these ideas sparking ideas for you? Remember, these are just the start, and your question might take the topic in a different direction than your classmates’ questions do.