Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

Concierge Things To Do Assignment: Cascade

Cc: Cascade by Jen Stark is a pop up art gallery that is running from September 24th to November 7th 2021. The original closing date was October 24th but this pop up was such a wonderful success, that it needed the extension of a week!  Cascade is a trippy portal of color and light. Most of the art is interactive. So if you touch it,  it creates sound and the patterns disappear creating other patterns! Part of the exhibition, has sensor walking lights. You can walk around and the color will follow you meanwhile the room its self, is a black and white background. This colorful and vibrant exhibition is located at the William vale Hotel, the entrance is on north 13th street which is on the other side of the regular Willam vale entry. You can take the L train to Bedford avenue and walk 11 minutes. Or you can take the J train, get off at myrtle take a city bike or even walk to the William vale. You could also walk passing Domino park and seeing the Hudson River.  Pricing can go from 25 dollars to 95 dollars per Person. Don’t forget to stop by the gift shop and post your pictures on social media! To learn more about this pop up, go to https://cascadeshow.com/tickets/ or search up the William vale hotel! 

1. Tyrah

Cool video it’s nice to get a visual look at the inside sounds cool as well I would definitely check this out

2. Tarynn Smith

I like how to video shows the artwork. It’s very colorful and inviting. I also like that in the description you mentioned that it’s an interactive experience.

3. Shakhzoda Obidova

I’m definitely going there. I like the music choice it really suits the video.I wonder how long did it take you to edit and put everything together

4. Prof. Karen Goodlad

This video is really impressive. What did you use to create the video? When did you visit the exhibit that it was so empty? I wish I would have been to this exhibit.

• Maria Isabel Gonzalez

I went on Sunday night after my shift! there was no one there which was perfect for this assignment! Half of the video clips are mine meanwhile the other half are part of the exhibitions. I asked if i could use their clips as well for a school project and they gave me the permission to do so :D. It was really fun, you should go check it out before they close professor!

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Good Stuff. Make sure to give credit during the segments that you did not record yourself. I will try to get there but I doubt I can make it to the city before November 7.

5. Guadalupe Saraie Campos

The song choice contributed very well to what was described in the description and the art itself. The video was very unique it contained many of the different arts. Having people walk around the arts and seeing how it changed by the touch of one’s hand made it a very exciting and calming place to explore. Great work!

6. Lre Collymore

Lovely video and visually appealing too. The question is what is the cost of transportation? Cost of tickets and food?

• Maria Isabel Gonzalez

for transportation, depending where you live. Since this is outside of the William vale hotel (which was the hotel i picked) there really wasn’t any transportation. all you have to do is walk out and go in. Tickets were mentioned, it can be from $25 to $95 dollars per person. Food, there is actually one restaurant in the hotel itself, on the 21st floor and then on the lower level there is a southern Italian inspired restaurant called leuca. Its unique itself because it have a wood oven for pizzas make by order.

7. Erick Panama

I don’t much of art but I really enjoyed watching the video. The art looked like modern art inclining into technology. Its very interesting to me I would like to go visit this place sometime.