Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

Reflection, 9/27, HMGT 1101

What do you plan to do to select a tourism attraction for the Concierge assignment?

1. Kosi Kos

I plan on picking an attraction that I Have always been fascinated by and ones I believe are significant to our countries history. I’m going to use the AAA website to find one in manhattan to pick a hotel that is closest to my Attraction

2. Maria Isabel Gonzalez

I’m honestly planning to ask the chef I work with.. And then after there I’m going to look for the places he mentioned. A maximum of three places. I’m going to look for the ratings, not the website, but the ratings and comments people post of the place. It makes more sense to ask people that have gone to the attraction already, rather than the website directly since its trying to “sell you” the place.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

It is wise to tap into the knowledge of people you admire. It is a great way to start conversation that includes your studies.

3. ia Macharashvili

I plan to research what are some attractions that tourists enjoy in NY, easy to find, good pricing, and something they will learn about the city. I will pick attractions that will be near my hotel.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

I like that you are considering location in your decision.

4. Erick Panama

I plan to select an attractive tourism that I’ve gone too and enjoyed my time being there. I want people to enjoy what this city has to offer and remember that one time they went to that specific place they enjoyed with families/friends.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Personal experience is a great starting point, make sure to add research that you had not done before.

5. Jason Wu

I plan to research NY attractions that are very popular and why a lot of people want to go there, like is it fun to learn something new in this attraction or is it just for fun and game and I will pick attractions that are really popular in NY

6. Shakhzoda Obidova

I plan to research attractions that are popular, affordable ,fun, unique,place that is actually worth your time and not overrated and something that you can actually enjoy being with around your family and friends.Instagram and Tik Tok can be a big platform to research these types of attractions.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Start with social media but make sure to use academically appropriate sources like trade magazines to support your research.

7. Tarynn Smith

I plan to make a list of my favorite attractions in NYC and choose which one I think would be best for others to enjoy. I want to pick a place that people would be able to go with friends and family and have a good time.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Demographic considerations over personal preferences helps you recognize the diversity of what the city has to offer.

8. Tyrah George

I plan to use an attraction that I like a lot and that other people also like and enjoy. I’m mostly picking an attraction in Manhattan because it is the most bustling of all the boroughs generating the most tourism therefore the most reviews.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

So many visitors mean Manhattan when they say NYC.

9. Ben

I plan to search social media. I’m sure that almost all of us have seen some kind of attraction on Instagram or TikTok that we really wanted to go to. This way, we can find an attraction that is currently trending and not outdated. In case that doesn’t work out, plan B is to ask different age groups of people what their favorite NYC attraction is and find the halfway point so both sides are satisfied

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Starting with social media is fine, make sure to complete the research with information from sources that include editors.

10. Guadalupe Saraie Campos

I plan to investigate NYC attractions on the internet or any social media then I would build a list of the one’s that interests me the most and are currently available for visit. I mostly plan to pick an attraction in Manhattan because there are so many things to do around and it has amazing view in which you can take pictures of.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Instagram worthy locations have built in social media advantages, make sure to back that up with trade publication information.

11. Lre Collymore

I intend on making a list of attractions that are in areas of grater population. The attractions also must be high in popularity. Most of these attractions will be in Manhattan because Manhattan is the most expensive out of the five boroughs and it is also the most famous.

12. Jeffrey Vegas

I plan to select a attraction that gains the name “attraction” something that attracts you to the building. I say mostly in my quality in this attraction, I would like it to be somewhere high traffic, so that I know people go there for a reason.