Cantina” by Fatima Flores via Flickr CC BY 2.0

As we finish Week 4 of ENG 1101 (no matter what the actual calendar says), how is it going? What’s working well? What do you need help with?

In our last class session, I heard from many of you that Microsoft Office is giving you trouble. What next steps can you take to proactively get closer to having the software you need? Has anyone who has figured this out able to share with everyone else things like who to consult, the phone number to call, useful help instruction, etc.

In each of the three courses in this FYLC, we talked about getting homework done, about catching up and keeping on track. We’ll talk about this again the next time we meet.

I encourage each of you to find time to meet one-on-one with your professors during student support hours (aka office hours) to talk about how your semester is going and how you can keep on track for the rest of the semester. My student support hours are Tuesdays, 11:30-12:00 and 1:40-2:30, and Thursday, 11:00-11:30, using the same Zoom link as our class meeting.