Writing for the Public

Maurine’s Introduction

My name is Maurine, my mom decided to be different and add “ine” instead of “een” which is spelled Maureen in English but since my background is Haitian, “Maurine” is French including my last name “Dubuisson”. People sometimes have a hard time pronouncing my name when they first meet me its either they say, “Marie” or “Morine”. Then others would have jokes and say “oh Maurine like the Marines.” I personally love my name and the way its spelt because I find the other spelling of my name “Maureen” looks weird to me. People would say my name sounds like an old lady name too. I’m glad not too many people have the same exact spelling as me but I did meet a few. My name brings the best out of me.

1. Carrie Hall

I like the spelling of your name too! And I appreciate all the times you participate in class– your voice is definitely appreciated.

I’m giving you full credit for this, but in the future, try to write a bit more. Here you could talk a bit about the articles we read or a bit more about the questions I asked. If you’re lost, definitely come speak to me in office hours!