https://zainabjahan594.wixsite.com/climatechange

Ever since I was in Earth Science class in 10th grade, I’ve wanted to understand why the ice caps were melting, the greenhouse gasses were burning, and why pollution was still happening. For this assignment, I wanted to learn more of the basics about Climate Change, the “meat and potatoes” to make sure I understand what the actual causes of climate change are–if they are manmade, and if there’s anything we can do to change them. My teachers in 10th grade touched on the topic briefly, but since then, things have gotten much worse–not better–and I’ve been surprised that I haven’t learned about it at school.

My rhetorical question is, what can be done about climate change? I wrote in the genre of websites because it’ll convey my message better than a lot of other tools out there. I chose the audience that I did because adults have failed to educate kids on climate change/global warming so kids especially of this generation and ones to follow rely on social media and the internet to learn things about the world. I decided to talk about this particular aspect of my research to go in-depth with my findings and how I can incorporate that to the genre I chose. The purpose of my piece is to educate younger kids on climate change and what we can do as people to change the world and make it better.

As I scroll the internet and type in the search engine, websites would come up. I was intrigued in the sense that how do people this? How can someone make something so sufficient and proudly call it their own? In high school I tapped into the art of making websites and I know I didn’t do them from scratch, but templates made it easier for me to customize and edit the content on it. I think making a website will bring so much attention to younger kids because they’ll be so infatuated with how easy information is brought to them and they wouldn’t change it for the world, to learn something at the touch of their finger.

I think I did fine but what I could’ve done better was manage my time. I always fail to manage my time, so if I had the opportunity to do my project again I would orchestrate my time better. As for my website, I am glad that it turned out the way it did in a short amount of time.