Due by noon Wednesday, Oct 21:

RESEARCH: Continue your research!  Remember you will need 3 more sources (4 total)! 2 more source entries will be due by Friday, Oct 23.

READ: CLEAN UP YOUR MESS (visualmess.com)

WRITE: I’ve started a padlet HERE about document design and reading online.  You will go to the padlet and respond to the following questions:

1. What are your pet peeves about reading online (or even off)– I’m not talking about the meaning of the words here, I’m talking about the layout and design. What makes a website “messy?”
  2. How will it help you as a writer and a communicator to think about clean design in your own writing? What are a few simple things you can do right now to clean up your presentation for Unit Two? 

Make sure you put your name somewhere on your post!

If you came to class on Monday (and were there the whole time) you don’t have to do this next part.  The rest of you, please watch the video below about genre and write a blog post (approx 200 words) answering the following questions after watching:

1. What is a written genre that could help you achieve your goals– how might you go about learning to write in that genre?
  2. For this unit, who (a person or a community) would you like to hear from on your topic?  Where might you look to hear from this person or community?