I’ve always been interested in the Black Panther Party since I learned about it in middle school. A lot of people have different viewpoints on what the group purpose was. Some people viewed it as an extremist organization others saw it as a political organization. Why am I interested in this? I see the group as a black separatist group, who is fighting for colored people. My Great uncle told me he once went to one of their meetings, it was inspirational he always told me. So when we started this activity I knew I had to write about this. Also, the movie blackkklansman inspired me a lot (if you haven’t seen it watch it ). It’s essentially about the first African-American detective named Ron Stallworth to serve in the Colorado Springs Police Department. He sets out on a destructive mission to infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan. The performance of this movie moved me and made me more interested in the years of 1960-1970. What do I expect to find?  I expect to find all sorts of evidence from diaries and letters, to papers, documents, documentaries. Furthermore, I tend to find evidence that opposes my thesis and strengthens it. I expect to find this because this topic is very widespread. There has always been controversy over this topic too. What will you do if you find information that goes completely against what you had expected to find?

As weird as this sounds I strongly believe no matter what evidence I encounter it won’t go against what I expected to find. I say this so confidently because I believe every plan, every speech, every movement, every gathering influenced the way I live right now as an African American. What genres do you think might give you good information?  Police brutality, violation of human rights, the victims of police violence, and many more genres that I can’t wait to find might give me good information. I am still searching for more genres because with this topic I know I can go on way more.