Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

Maybe I Could Save Myself Writing

I believe, in order to form a education narrative, it needs to benefit the readers. If someone were to read that narrative, they should not leave with thoughts like, “Well that did not help me”, but thoughts like, “I think I can apply this in real life.” The readers should not equate the education narrative to an actual educational space, but it should be lax enough. It should be straight to the point, and easy to understand.

In the article, “Maybe I Could Save Myself Writing”, Olivarez stated, “I didn’t want to write poems that moralized the issues of young people. I wanted to write poems that confronted the questions I felt as a teen.” Using experiences from your life can help readers to relate and create connections. It allows them to immerse themselves in that situation and remain interested.  In addition, he says, “I would take my poems and ask young people for their feedback and advice.” Using other people to critique your work is helpful because, you can find out what they prefer reading and the type of style that helps them comprehend it. It can also reveal things you shouldn’t do when writing  or mistakes that you might not know that you make.

If I were to write an education narrative, how would I be able to create an atmosphere that isn’t too formal. I would want to be able to be casual so that readers can feel a sense of familiarity when reading it but, I don’t want it too “inappropriate”.

1. Carrie Hall

Great observations, Ninmah! Do you have some ideas of what you’d like to write about?

2. Esther

Honestly ninmah i agree with everything you said and honestly i found a lot of things here that i can relate too. I like reading things that i can already feel like i can relate too.

3. Daziah

I think you said this so well.When it comes to writing a narrative we must have to relate to it in some way. I feel as if its the authors job to pull us in as well. I also agree with what you was saying.