Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab

active 3 days, 1 hour ago
Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Academic Affairs
OpenLab
Project Description

The purpose of this project is to create a forum to ask questions, generate discussion, and share teaching materials, resources, and ideas about teaching and learning on the OpenLab.

Avatar image: “The open door” by hehaden.

Pedagogy Profile: Professor Micheal Krondl

This month we're profiling Professor Micheal Krondl, an adjunct lecturer in the Hospitality […] See MorePedagogy Profile: Professor Micheal Krondl

Open Pedagogy Event (10/18): Remixing and Sharing in Open Digital Pedagogy

Thursday October 18th, 2018, 4:30-6:00pm (Faculty Commons, N227) *Refreshments will be […] See MoreOpen Pedagogy Event (10/18): Remixing and Sharing in Open Digital Pedagogy

Recap: Open Digital Pedagogy in Gateway Courses

Thursday September 27th marked the first of two Open Pedagogy Events planned for Fall 2018, Ope […] See MoreRecap: Open Digital Pedagogy in Gateway Courses

I hope it isn't too late to RSVP, but I would like to attend. Looking forward to it. -Jackie See More

See you there--looking forward to it! See More

I look forward to attending this. I may be a bit late (but I hope not). See More

Cheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly Multimedia – tonight (9/11/14) 6:30pm at GC

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let you know about this event tonight at the Graduate Center - would be great to see you there: Thursday, Sept 11, 6:30pm, Room 5409, CUNY Graduate Center : Cheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly […] See MoreCheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly Multimedia – tonight (9/11/14) 6:30pm at GC

Assignment workshop

Want feedback on an assignment idea you're formulating? Ask here! See MoreAssignment workshop

Readings on Open Digital Pedagogy

"Open Digital Pedagogy = Critical Pedagogy, Hybrid Pedagogy," Jody R. Rosen and Maura A. Smale, Hybrid Pedagogy, January 7, 2015 Jody Rosen (OpenLab Co-Director and Assistant Professor, English) and Maura Smale (Chief Librarian, Ursula […] See MoreReadings on Open Digital Pedagogy

What brings you to Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab?

Jody Rosen, Interested in students having a sense of a real audience Bree, moving beyond the classroom--a broader audience Andy McKinney, students can craft their online personae Kamili Posey transparency in teaching and […] See MoreWhat brings you to Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab?

OpenLab Assignments

One of the things we want to do in this group is highlight assignments.  I've started a preliminary list below, but it's just a start and there are plenty more out there!  Please feel free to add to it with any assignments you think w […] See MoreOpenLab Assignments