Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab

active 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Academic Affairs
OpenLab
Project Description

The purpose of this project is to create a forum to ask questions, generate discussion, and share teaching materials, resources, and ideas about teaching and learning on the OpenLab.

Avatar image: “The open door” by hehaden.

CUNY CUE Conference & OER Showcase

On October 29-30, teachers and researchers from around CUNY came together online for the annual […] See MoreCUNY CUE Conference & OER Showcase

Open Pedagogy Recap: OpenLab at the CUE/OER Showcase!

On Friday, October 30, the OpenLab team along with City Tech librarian Cailean Cooney hosted a […] See MoreOpen Pedagogy Recap: OpenLab at the CUE/OER Showcase!

May 8 Event: Disability Justice and COVID-19

Hi OpenLab pals! Sending all of you tenacity and compassion in these trying times.   I'm […] See MoreMay 8 Event: Disability Justice and COVID-19

https://pixy.org/src/197/thumbs350/1975000.jpg Thanks so much for sharing these great […] See More

I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much! -ss See More

I plan to be there! I teach until 5pm today, so I may arrive around 5/5:15pm. Hope I don't […] See More

Cheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly Multimedia – tonight (9/11/14) 6:30pm at GC

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let you know about this event tonight at the Graduate Center - would be great to see you there: Thursday, Sept 11, 6:30pm, Room 5409, CUNY Graduate Center : Cheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly […] See MoreCheryl Ball on Making the Case for Scholarly Multimedia – tonight (9/11/14) 6:30pm at GC

Assignment workshop

Want feedback on an assignment idea you're formulating? Ask here! See MoreAssignment workshop

Readings on Open Digital Pedagogy

"Open Digital Pedagogy = Critical Pedagogy, Hybrid Pedagogy," Jody R. Rosen and Maura A. Smale, Hybrid Pedagogy, January 7, 2015 Jody Rosen (OpenLab Co-Director and Assistant Professor, English) and Maura Smale (Chief Librarian, Ursula […] See MoreReadings on Open Digital Pedagogy

What brings you to Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab?

Jody Rosen, Interested in students having a sense of a real audience Bree, moving beyond the classroom--a broader audience Andy McKinney, students can craft their online personae Kamili Posey transparency in teaching and […] See MoreWhat brings you to Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab?

OpenLab Assignments

One of the things we want to do in this group is highlight assignments.  I've started a preliminary list below, but it's just a start and there are plenty more out there!  Please feel free to add to it with any assignments you think w […] See MoreOpenLab Assignments