ENG1101CO, English Composition I Co-Requisite, Spring 2020

active 3 years, 11 months ago
English
ENG1101CO
Spring 2020

English 1101CO is a writing-intensive course designed to strengthen your composition skills. Writing a variety of essays, in addition to a research project, will help you develop skills such as building an argument, adapting writing for different needs and situations, interpreting and responding to a text, incorporating secondary source material effectively, and mastering the mechanics of quoting, citing, and documenting sources. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary value and also as models of composition that you may employ in your writing assignments.

The “CO” in English 1101CO stands for corequisite, which means that in addition to the English 1101 coursework, we will dedicate time to strengthening fundamental reading and writing skills. We will focus on enhancing vocabulary and critical reading skills, using step-by-step approaches to writing assignments, improving grammar and punctuation skills, and cultivating positive habits for college success, including note-taking and study skills.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Sarah Paruolo

Office Hours Now!

Just a reminder that I am holding office hours now from 11am-noon today via Zoom. These are my […] See MoreOffice Hours Now!

*IMPORTANT* ENG 1101CO for the Week of May 11th

1) MEETINGS Everyone MUST sign up for an individual meeting with me this week. The […] See More*IMPORTANT* ENG 1101CO for the Week of May 11th

Reminder: Class Today, Monday May 4th @ 3pm

We have class today, Monday May 4th @ 3pm on Zoom https://zoom.us/j/424507558 See MoreReminder: Class Today, Monday May 4th @ 3pm

Comment on "Office Hours NOW"

I was having some trouble joining earlier for some reason it want letting me connect due to security reasons. See MoreComment on "Office Hours NOW"

Comment on "Good Morning and Welcome Back!"

Bonjour a tous... Buenos dias todos.... Guten morgen alles!! good morning everyone! Nice to see […] See MoreComment on "Good Morning and Welcome Back!"

Hi professor all is well, taking it one day at a time See MoreComment on "Good Morning and Welcome Back!"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.