Barry Callebaut opens the first Chocolate Academy in Germany

The opening of a Chocolate Academy in Germany shows the importance of Pastry Arts in the Hospitality Industry. This article explains the variety of opportunity that many students interested in pastry classes are exposed to. These classes not only include chocolate classes but also confectionery classes and cake design classes. This is not only a good opportunity to learn but it is also a good place to network with all the international Chefs that are part of this academy and who are also part of the Hospitality Industry.

http://www.sogoodmagazine.com/pastry-blog/pastry-news/barry-callebaut-opens-the-first-chocolate-academy-in-germany/

This entry was posted in Industry Research Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Barry Callebaut opens the first Chocolate Academy in Germany

1. Peggy Z. says:

Awesome! I do see a lot of cooking classes popping up. This however, is quite different from the ones I have heard and came across- the best is learning from the very best in the industry. I have always wanted to attend one of these cooking classes but many are far too expensive. I often wonder if these type of courses will offer something more exciting than what our advance pastry classes has to offer. After all, we do have some truly amazing chefs! Perhaps you can see yourself teaching pastry to children or in small groups? With time, you too can be teaching some of the best. Good luck!

• Stephanie says:

Yes, I chose this article because I liked the idea that pastry classes are becoming popular just like culinary classes. I wish that one that I can attend one of these academies where I can get to learn from international chefs. But as you said, We do have amazing chef and they are the reason why I chose the Pastry Arts area. Thank you and I am still thinking about becoming a pastry teacher in the future! Good luck to you too!!

2. Moemu Seo says:

I think the bigger question is whether the tuition is affordable and if the return on investment is worth it. Regardless, it seems like a very exciting way to enter the world of pastry.

Hope your internship is going well!

3. This is an important part of the industry and a good question asked by Moemu, what would be the return on investment? Is it directed toward new people in the industry or seasoned veterans looking to perfect a technique…