Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #21: Reflecting and Building the Portfolio

free write

Writing reflections is a good exercise that I like doing. Looking back at my work shows me how much I improved. Going through some of my work I realized I could’ve spent more time and put more effort. When I look back at the exercises I can tell right away what I rushed. Overall I believe that I did become a better writer throughout the activities. There were some exercises that I can tell I didn’t answer the question fully.I think that I still need some work with my writing. Throughout all my exercises I always tried to make sure you knew who my audience was and I tried to get my point across. My least favorite assignment was unit 2 the annotated bibliography. As soon as we were assigned the assignment I knew that I was going to have trouble. This was the main assignment that I struggled the most on and was confused about. I would have done better if I went to your office hours or asked questions. At first I didn’t do the citations in the MLA format but when I went back and revised my work I finally know how to do it.. After rereading the annotated bibliography and reading your comments I realized how it didn’t make that much sense. The mistakes were very little and I knew exactly what you were talking about. My favorite assignment was the discourse community. I enjoyed doing the free writes and micro activities that led up to the paper. 

1. Ruth Garcia

Can you say a bit about what it was that you enjoyed about the discourse community assignment?
    I also like the idea that you able to look back and see that your work is the result of skill but also of the effort you put into it.