Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #17: Choosing a Discourse Community”

My annotated bibliography came to the conclusion that the world economy should not halt and hide from the effects of covid-19. The 3 main solutions were to one, keep our borders open for global trade and tourism to keep the economy flowing, second was the use of research and development to come up with ideas to create new jobs and discover new ideas to work around the virus. The last solution is to have countries work together and not against each other,  we must to fight this global crisis together in order to prevail. My research can be directed in two ways, It can be directed to the general public or I can direct it to government officials. This subject is not popular  in the public since it can be somewhat of a dull plain topic. It will be a challenge to make people interested in my multimodal. I believe that people expectations will be divided, some people will think that closing the country from the rest of the world is the best idea and other people  will support the idea of keeping the country open with safe health measures. This discourse community will benefit from it because is a world wide problem and the nation needs to be aware of the posible outcomes of this problem if it continues for a long period. I believe a pamphlet will be the best genre to use to reach my audience because its a short informative way to spread my message.

1. Ruth Garcia

Yes. A pamphlet or brochure or other informational piece that can be passed out to the public and that is easy to read and digest because of the images and short text.