Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #10: Brainstorming Research Topics

There are a lot of issues in this world that I find interesting, and that I think needs to be solved.

• Racism is something that has existed for as long as man has. I find the topic interesting. It would also be interesting to find and study the causes of racism and racial dscrimination, whether it’d be institutionalized racism ,or interpersonal racism. 
  • Rape Culture in third world countries is another issue I also find interesting. Rape culture is essentialy a complex set of beliefs that allows and promotes not only rape, but violence against women in general. This is common in places like the Middle East.
  • Global warming and climate change is another topic I find rather interesting. The Climate Clock is a clock in NYC which counts down to when earth’s carbon budget depletes. According to the clock, we have 7 years left.  Studying the environmental factors of what causes climate change as well as if it’s even possible to reverse or delay it is an interesting topic. 

1. Ruth Garcia

Okay. Now you need to narrow down your focus. For example what questions do you have about institutionalize racism? Once you read about a bit on your chosen topic, you’ll be able to come up with questions.