Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro- Activity #7

I will be choosing Wollstonecraft’s letter as my model. Her letter will help me to support my argument because she talks about inequality and discrimination among a certain race/gender. I will be talking about the hardships of those born of African American ethnicity. Wollstonecraft’s Letter touches on both the hardship of being black and a woman in this cruel world. The African American race has been put through many terrible and unfair circumstances, Slavery being the number one topic covered.

The audience that I would like to target are those who are opposed to the black lives matter movement. I am choosing this audience because in our world I think in order for all lives to matter black lives need to matter as well. I believe some people in the world today see the world from only one perspective and should try to see it from another one in order for us to live in peace.

In my writing I will try to Include some details from the letter written by Ms.Wollstonecraft’s. I will try to use facts about the different events that took place in African American History. Things such as Juneteenth, Slavery, The different marches that took place to give us our rights. The thing that I will try to push is what would you do if put in this position. Feeling oppressed isn’t fun and even thinking about it makes you feel terrible. I just want to help those who don’t understand to get a view into the other side.

1. Ruth Garcia

James–I wonder what makes you think that Wollstonecraft is a Black woman. She was white woman. Is it because she compares women to slaves? She is actually using this comparison of the two situations to be persuasive. Also, remember you are using Wollstonecraft for inspiration and can think about how her techniques are ones you can use but you are not using the same information. Additionally, I think that you might want to make sure you use both facts and emotions to appeal to your audience. Finally, you may want to think about what your audience values and how to make them see that Black Lives Matter is actually also upholding that same value or values.