Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - O427 | Spring 2021

Finalizing the Research Question

Finalized Research Question:

How has Asian’s personal life been affected by society’s unfair stereotype and discrimination?

I got interested in my research question because there has been extensive amount of rising cases where vulnerable Asians are continuously being targeted, which often left them injured and even dead. Unfortunately, Asians are being scapegoated for something they didn’t cause which is bringing COVID to America. I am interested in this because Asians are the victims of these crimes and the perpetrator thinks that it is okay to injured the vulnerable without knowing the long-lasting effect it will have on them. Asians not only have to suffer these injuries and possible death, they also have to cower in fear and can’t enjoy going outside to perform simple tasks because there are not enough protection available for them. It is heartbreaking to see how Asian’s personal life have been disrupted due to discrimination and stereotypes. The answers and information I expect to find in response to my research question are disruptions in Asian’s personal life through social and financial level.

1. Ruth Garcia

This seems good to go. If you find too much information, you might have to focus in on a particular effect. For example, you might need to investigate how discrimination due to the pandemic has financially affected the Asian-American community. But I’m not sure–you’ll see as you go. You can begin the research process and reach out to me with questions.