(Leah. M) Week 10 Discussion Topic: Robert Capa and the Greatest War Photograph

If my memory serves me right in class that day some were of the opinion that the photograph was staged. I don’t mind being the only cheese to stand alone and say I believe it is as authentic as authentic can get. I picture this as the soldier running and being attacked from behind hence the reasoning for him falling this way. Why would the photographer put himself in harms way to capture that shot? When you have a passion for something, you tend to lose focus of reality at times, some may even risk losing their lives in that process. Does authenticity matter? Yes and no. Most people would rather be reading or looking at stuff that is genuine. There are times when you cannot capture those photographs in the moment it takes place, but you are given a general idea as to what it is like and you now have to use your imagination to figure it out. The problem is some people are to lazy and just love being spoon fed and don’t want to make their brain cells work. There is nothing wrong with doing a little research every now and then and too see exactly what message the person is trying to bring forth to you the receiver. I was convinced by his arguments. Is either you accept it or you don’t. It was also confirmed in the Spanish government’s archives that Borrell had been killed in battle at Cerro Muriano on September 5, 1936. How much more convincing can this get?