Writing My Brain By Tatiana Zhdanova

• Introduction

That was a very interesting assignment. People are always busy with their daily routine and it is very hard to stop for a moment and just start writing down what is happening with you at the moment.

In this project, I took time out of my daily thinking and put my thoughts under consideration and analysis. Watching how it can reflects my motivation and affects of my brain.

I never have daily dairy or blog (even though it is very popular in the 21st century). But I always have a daily planner, which helps me to organize my daily schedule and be aware of upcoming events. I would never write my thought down and later analyzed them if professor Ellis did not give us this assignment.

• Thinking in Writing

So, that was a day, when I woke up with “Napoleon” plans to make my dreams come true and work harder towards getting where I see myself in the near future. Analyzing even that sentence, I can tell that for the past couple od months the idea of starting the new path in my career or just growing professionally is coming to my mind almost every day. Maybe because of the age factor or because I start being around a lot of successful and ambitious people, make me realize that I need to channel my energy and knowledge towards achieving this goals. I love the fact that I wrote down that phrase: “ Starting from now for myself I need to set up priorities, things that I need to stand for and work hard every day.” It is very promising to see that I am trying to motivate myself even in my daily thoughts. I became more organized in the past few years and living away from home in such huge megapolis as New York City, gave you a lot of uncertainties and teach you every day to get up and fight for your future, your rights, your beliefs and be more faster, more aggressive, more competitive than yourself yesterday.

I don’t think that I am the kind of person who will have live journal. I am very introverted about my personal thoughts and opinions, but its quiet an interesting experience to have a chance to look up for what was on your mind at that moment, why did it bother you, why you were overthinking this particular situation or thing. It is probably will be very helpful in my self-analysis.

• Thinking Visually

10846053_841968872512290_5120307725397841668_n

1) It was Friday when I wrote my “Day of Thoughts” and I was on my way to Shabbat Dinner that evening. This picture shows material with special brachia (prayer), which covers Challah bread. I love traditions and enjoy sharing them with my friends. It was a perfect end of that day.

image2

2) On my way back home, after thinking all day about my career path I decided that when I will get home and I will start looking for posts regarding finding jobs. While I was on the train I opened Facebook and saw this post on the page of Hospitality management group.

image1

3) Also that day I got an e-mail with all my 1099 forms which was not the most pleasant reminder that tax season is here and its time to pay the taxes. That definitely was not a highlight of my day.

FullSizeRender

4) I got my Amazon delivery, which contained all my books for this class, and tea that I tried in my favorite French dessert place next to my house. Now it is the time to kill this long cold winter days and commutes with a good and necessary reading.

image4

5) Maybe after reading of the first chapter of Medina or just feeling less active, I went to the gym. I love to work out and I am trying to do it more regularly plus for the former athlete it is not that complicated to stay in shape. Just all the gyms are overcrowded and I want finally jog or ride my bike in the Central Park. I do really miss spring.

image3

6) I found this quote on somebody’s instagram and found that it is a good motivation point for me right now. There are not lot of text but there is exactly that point – time to focus!

• Thinking Reflectively

It is very hard to analyze your present. I think it is even harder to predict your own future. If somebody will ask me today to imagine say and myself back in 2010: “Where are you think you are going to be in 2015?” I will never answer…

We can only plan and work hard for our goals or just wait patiently for something might or might not happen to us. You can easily create a path in your head and lead towards what you want or take some risks and opportunities and change your path completely.

Do not forget that there is an age factor. It is getting much easier to form your goals, plan your actions, plus your experience are helping you to avoid making wrong decisions and waste your time.

I realized that my main focus is career. And in the next five years I will put more efforts in getting the position I want. To join a corporation that I am planning to work for. Finish college with good grades and follow my dreams.

Sometimes when I am analyzing where my mind was, when I was in my early teenage years, I realize that I did so many mistakes and wasted my time on the wrong jobs, with the wrong people… Timing is a very awkward thing. It can help you to recover through the problems, but sometimes it limitation can cause you stress, also sometimes the timing is just not right.

I wish I could have a time machine. Even thought, I heard many times, that it is my life experience and I should get the best out of it. Right now, time management will probably be my main goal. Right time management. I need to pay more attention on my sleeping habits because they affect my mood, productivity and health in general.

I need to create an extra time for physical activities and meetings with friends. Time for extra reading and exploring new things.